Continuing the ‘Cravings’ series during my pregnancy. Like I said in a previous restaurant post, I am currently craving potatoes in any form possible – I do prefer them fried but I am way too lazy to do them myself. It is weird, as I normally do not like potatoes very much, I do love the sweet type, but not plain potatoes, but hey, what can I do? To all those wondering out there, I am gaining fat in a normal and steady pace that is healthy for our baby, and yes, once I end this pregnancy period it will be my goal to get in better shape than I used to be before the bundle of joy decided to enter our lives.
Back to the potato cravings… I really wanted something similar with french fries, but I hate eating unhealthy, especially now, so I decided to try and cook them in the oven with as little oil as possible, and judging by the Jawbone score, these are probably the healthiest and closest to french fries I will ever get at home.
Here’s what we used:
- 10 small potatoes
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 2 small pots of greek yoghurt (we like the buffalo type as it is supposed to be healthier)
- 50 gr of grated parmesan
- 1 cup of grated low-fat mozzarella
- 15 gr of fresh dill
- 15 gr of fresh chives
- 10 gr of fresh thyme
- 3 garlic heads
- 1/2 teaspoon of hot chilly powder
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of BBQ seasoning
The way this dinner is made is quite easy and it takes you less than 40 minutes – photoshoot included – to complete it. The steps are very simple:
- Arrange all the ingredients and take photos of them
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into medium sized pieces – yes, we did not remove the skin!
- Dice the sweet red pepper as little as you can
- Finely chop all the greens and mince the garlic
- Take some more photos!
- In a big bowl put the olive oil, the soya sauce, the chilly powder, the BBQ seasoning, the diced sweet red pepper,the parmesan, all of the thyme, half of the chives, one third of the garlic and the sesame oil and mix them all together really well
- Put the potatoes in and make sure they are well covered in the resulted seasoning sauce
- Pour them on a tray, sprinkle some parmesan over them and into the heated oven the go (we heated the oven at max) for about 30 minutes – you should start tasting them after about 20 minutes
- In a bowl, mix the greek yoghurt with the remaining chives, dill and garlic and there you have it – the perfect dip!
- Arrange everything as nicely as possible on a plate, put a decent amount of mozzarella cheese on top of them and enjoy after taking some more photos!
I can’t even begin to tell you how delicious this dinner was! This is definitely a very comfortable way of cooking potatoes for those people that are afraid to cook with hot oil – it seriously attacked me every time I attempted using it! My Jawbone app deems it as ok health-wise, so this dinner will occur more often during my pregnancy! Just remember that the data shown is for four servings so do the math accordingly!