Today is all about my favourite Greek dish! We have to confess, we didn’t make this one, but it did emerge in our kitchen, so it is blog worthy! Last Wednesday some friends came over to watch the football match with us and they decided to make Bouyiourdi, which is the simplest, most delicious recipe ever! Naturally being cheese-based I’d say that, but trust me, this is heaven! True and simple foodporn, that can be made in less than half an hour with only a handful of ingredients.
So, let’s get down to the nitty-gritty as looking at yesterday’s post, I realised that lately I do tend to write a bit too much off-topic. What you need to get this amazing, easy dish:
- 500 gr of tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- 300 gr of white cheese (we used 150 gr of simple white cheese and 150 gr of herb white cheese)
- 350 gr of Mozzarella
- 250 gr of Gouda cheese
- 1 tsp gried oregano
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
That’s about all we used but you can add chilly peppers, onions and whatever other type of cheese you like, making this a versatile and perfect-for-anyone dish. Besides the fact that you need only a few ingredients, making it is actually easy as 1-2-3!
- Preheat the oven at 175 degrees and take all sorts of angled photos of the lovely cheesy ingredients.
- Slice the tomatoes and the cheese, and dice the bell pepper.
- Arrange all the sliced/diced ingredients into identical bowls and take 100 photos.
- Toss all the ingredients finishing with the oregano and olive oil into a clay vessel and put it into the oven for about 20 minutes.
- After those what seemed like forever, 20 minutes, take it out of the oven and, if you had any Mozzarella that didn’t fit into the vessel the first time (like we did), now’s the time to add it and stir the whole content with a wooden spoon.
- Put it back into the oven for another five minutes and that’s it! You’ve got yourself the most delicious dish on the planet!
Considering just how amazing this was, I would’ve expected it to be the most unhealthy dish ever, but my UP app surprised me, giving it a score of 7.9 and only drew attention to the elevated amount of saturated fat. One serving from this heavenly dish gets you about 350 kcal which is actually way better than expected on my part and I decided that if I ever want to get fat, this is the one thing I’d like to get fat on!